Rooting - Heimdall site is jacked. Where to download?

1. DooRod5

DooRod5 New Member

I've been trying to download the heimdall files but the site never responds. Where else can I get virus free heimdall files? Is github a reputable site for virus free software?

Advertisement
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

I've moved this to the ATR section so other folks familiar with root procedures can give you a hand.:)
  3. shrpshtr325

shrpshtr325 Well-Known Member

which OS are you using, i got hemidall out of the user repositories for arch, however most linux distros have it in their repos already.

i use github to download source files usually, however it should be just fine for downloading anything
  4. DooRod5

DooRod5 New Member

I can use ubuntu or Windows 7. I prefer Windows because I'm a bit apprehensive about bricking with linux. Sometimes in linux you have to play games with extract, make, build and install several times only to end up failing with an error at the end.

I did get the github download for windows 7 but I wanted to get the same one from a different site just for comparison.
  5. shrpshtr325

shrpshtr325 Well-Known Member

ubuntu is very straightforward and definitely the easiest 'linux' to use if you have trouble installing anything there then windows is your best bet for sure, and if i were you i would just use the github file and be done with it, they are a good source for clean files ime