• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting...Help me please.

MikeB83

Mar 29, 2011
I am very new to doing this and having a problem rooting my evo. I went through and did everything I was supposed to do through unrevoked but unrevoked keeps freezing on pushing recovery or even fails on pushing recovery and I have been as far as the installing but my phone is still on s-on when in hboot. What can I do?

I am very new to doing this and having a problem rooting my evo. I went through and did everything I was supposed to do through unrevoked but unrevoked keeps freezing on pushing recovery or even fails on pushing recovery and I have been as far as the installing but my phone is still on s-on when in hboot. What can I do?

What hboot do you have and did you download the most current version of Unrevoked linked in the Rooting for Dummies guide?

Upvote 0
What do you mean which hboot and I did everything I thought in the guide for dummies.

If you reboot to bootloader(power off, then hold volume down+power) it will have an hboot number at the top along with either s-on or s-off. You had in your first post that it is still s-on. Have you tried unrevoked a couple of times? Make sure your antivirus is turned off.

Upvote 0
what antivirus the one on my pc?

Trust me dood, give these guys the info theyre asking for.... ive seen this specific group of folks work miracles... youre in good hands, just give them what theyre asking for, and yes i know its super frustrating to be in a spot where your evo might be in jeopardy, but these guys are the bomb. If anyone can help you, its these folks.

Upvote 0
i have given the installing part more then 3-5 mins a couple of times and it still is hung up on the installing part can someone tell me what im doing wrong. I thought this was supposed to be idiot proof.

Sort of it is, but once in a while there are hiccups. If has been a while, I would stop unrevoked and see if you have s-off or not in hboot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones