• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting... help

actually the process of rooting gives you 2.1. Its as easy as loading the zip file on your phone and booting into fastboot and installing the zip. the whole process takes about 5 minutes, and most of that is spent staring at the screen. Every ROM you flash after that will be a derivative of 2.1 either based off one of the leaked version for the Eris or a port from another device that has 2.1. He is right that if you've installed a leaked OS or accept the OTA you will be left out of the root loop until they find a way to root it. My advice to you. Follow the steps in the root thread and read up on all the different ROMS out there. DL every last one of them and put them on your sd card. Flash, flash, flash untill you find something you like.

Upvote 0
Look at the "Eris Master Application" sticky thread. There is a piece of standalone software that will root your phone and install the latest version of 2.1 - it is nearly idiot proof. Read the thread. It should be just as easy to change ROMs using that app in the future, I just haven't tried yet as I am pleased with Eris Official 2.1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones