Rooting Hero in Luxembourg?

Last Updated:

1. retrorom

retrorom Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I have read the guide to rooting the hero, but I have problems understanding how I can get a working custom ROM on my Hero. So I have a Hero with an ORANGE subscription from Luxembourg and am looking for a 1.5 custom ROM that enables overclocking and Apps2SD. What I did so far is that Instant Root apk and seems to work, downloaded a few programs that need root and they work, others don't because I do not have Superuser. All the custom ROMS are country specific or am I wrong? Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Nope, you can use any custom Hero ROM you like. Just don't use anything designed for the Sprint (CDMA) Hero, as the two aren't compatible and you risk bricking your phone.

Now you need to get flashrec installed, and use that to flash a new custom recovery image, which will allow you to flash a new custom ROM. I'm sure that will be the next step on whichever guide you're following, but the guide at the top of this forum has it in if not.

As for a 1.5 ROM with overclock, this is the place to look. There's a tonne of variety so I'm sure you'll find something you like. This one looks like it might be what you want, but there's plenty to choose from.

retrorom likes this.
  3. retrorom

Thank you for your quick answer, yes the Kimera 1.8 is indeed what I was thinking of :)
    But what does ''Cyanogen's APN List'' mean? It is listed in the specs of Kimera Rom. will my APN settings be overwritten? I mean when I install a new Rom I probably have to reconfigure everything again anyway...

4. Xyro

Yes, everything on the phone (except the SD card) is over written. But Cyanogen's APN list will probably contain your network's APN, but if you want to make sure then you could look in the settings and write down the details of your APNs as they are now.

retrorom likes this.
  5. retrorom

Alright Thanks a lot, I will give it a try

6. retrorom

Ok I have tried the Kimera Rom but unfortunately it could not be installed successfully. Thank god I did that Nand Backup as desrcibed in the tutorial on this forum. I thought it was a bit strange that the Kimera 1.8 Rom was only 419 bytes light, is that normal? maybe I should try another ROM? Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks a lot in advance :)

7. Xyro

It doesn't sound like the download worked, it should be 91MB. But the download links seem to be broken.

Somebody posted new download links here, or you could wait for the dev to fix his link.

retrorom likes this.
  8. retrorom

Well THANK YOU a lot, I successfully installed the Kimera Rom this time.
    I really appreciate your guidance, very kind of you :) and showing me the download links for the Rom, because I looked for it but didn't find any good one. Thy were all broken :mad:

You have a good day and keep up the good work all you guys, developers and friendly guides on this forum ...especially Xyro :)

9. Xyro

Glad I could help :)