• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooting Hero than putting on 2.2

I wanted to know if I root my HTC Hero on Sprint and then load 2.2 if it will have any problems. Like can the hardware on the Hero run 2.2? I know most of the devices that are going to run 2.2 have a 1GHZ processor and a lot more internal memory than my Hero does.

I am only thinking about doing this because 2.1 on Hero is so glitchy, but I love the 2.1 apps. Any help?

I wanted to know if I root my HTC Hero on Sprint and then load 2.2 if it will have any problems. Like can the hardware on the Hero run 2.2? I know most of the devices that are going to run 2.2 have a 1GHZ processor and a lot more internal memory than my Hero does.

I am only thinking about doing this because 2.1 on Hero is so glitchy, but I love the 2.1 apps. Any help?

Seriously with the talk about 2.2? 2.1 just got released for the Sprint HTC Hero. I haven't seen a ROM yet that is running android 2.2.

Reactions: nevergonnauseth
Upvote 0
ccapaso - so sorry im not on your level of geek.

Taterus thanks for the help. I will look around, I just gotta get off of this stock 2.1 it sucks.

My recommendation would be this. If you would like to get off of stock 2.1, start by reading up on how to root your phone. I'm guessing you probably got the OTA update after getting 2.1, which means your version would now be .6. When you read on how to root 2.1, you will find that if you run the .5 RUU (it is linked somewhere) you can then root your phone.

After you root the phone, I highly recommend making a nandroid backup, and then feel free to try a couple of the 2.1 ROM's out there. Start with whatever you want, as there are many choices. I personally have always came back to Fresh 2.1.2, but I am currently testing out DarchDroid 2.7 and it is running quite well for me. The great thing about rooting, is that once you try a ROM, if you don't like it, you can simply restore your nandroid backup (pending you created one :)) and then you are back to what you had before.

Reactions: mdsj
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones