rooting HTC Aria 2.2Support

Last Updated:

1. dksob81

dksob81 New Member

I rooted my HTC ARIA and then I seen the 2.2 update was available and updated it but now I cannot root my phone UNREVOKED3 will not work on the 2.2 firmware.
    Anyone know of anyway to root an HTC ARIA with android 2.2?

Thanks Joe

Also I have this anoyinig AT&T icon in the upper left corner now, anyone know how to remove that?

Advertisement
  2. tpbklake

tpbklake Well-Known Member

At this point in time there is no solution that will allow you to root the 2.2 update. This RUU updated the HBOOT loader and no one has found a new rootable exploit for it (it's the same story on most of the HTC machines that have upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2).

You have 2 options:

1. Stick with the Froyo 2.2 update.
    2. Create a goldcard and you can then reinstall the original Aria 2.1 ROM, but you still won't be able to root it because the reinstall will not roll back the HBOOT loader.
  3. dksob81

dksob81 New Member

Thanks.
    Do u know anything about the AT&T icon on the upper left corner of the screen
    It interferes with my notifications, and i would like to remove it.
  4. tpbklake

tpbklake Well-Known Member

I would say that trying to modify the phone without root access is not going to be easy, unless there is a toggle setting in Settings some place.
  5. vdvuong

vdvuong Member

yet this really sucks. I was having issues with my rooted phone not being able to recognize my SIM card randomly running various ROMs, fr008 and CM 6.1 and getting new SIM. So I opted to get the update which thankfullly has restored SIM card recognition finally.

The AT&T logo in the corner for notification is the MOST!!! annoying thing...I can't imagine what HTC was thinking.... I hope this new Hboot is figured out and someone works a simple version of this ROM removing bloatware. All I need is that removed logo and swype!!!
  6. nyates

nyates New Member

Does anyone know if rooting is going to be available soon on 2.2 for the aria?
    I just got one and all the pre installed apps from the tele co that you can't touch are killing me. Especially since I can't use any of them since in Australia the virgin network piggy-backs off the optus server, which means I technically have a optus phone however my service provider is Virgin = all optus apps will not work.
  7. aria777

aria777 Member

I have successfully downgraded from 2.2 to 2.1 and rooted!!!!

1) Gain S-Off On HTC Desire, Aria and Wildfire
    2) How To downgrade HTC Hero ROM