1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Rooting HTC Desire / 2.2.2

1. bluemoon1910

bluemoon1910 New Member

I have an HTC Desire running Android 2.2.2 / software number 2.29.405.14

I would like to ROOT my phone because I am running out of memory all the time now.

I have read through these pages and I am somewhat confused as to whether I can or cannot proceed to root with unREVOKED ? It seems to indicate here that unrevoked does not care about the version of Android but here:

There is a guide for rooting 2.2.1 but I do not see the same for 2.2.2 and cannot follow where I should be looking

In case it matters I will be rooting from a Mac running 10.6.8

Thanks for a pointer ?

Advertisement
    :
  2. saltire

saltire Well-Known Member

You'll need to use Revolutionary (see this GUIDE ) - it's written for Windows but there is a Linux version for download on the Revolutionary site as well. I'm not a Mac user so don't know what you'll need to try and run this - but someone else who does know will be along with advice on this though (likely SUroot, Hadron or Rasta).

Oh and welcome btw.
  3. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

I don't think revolutionary have a mac version, or hadn't last time I looked.

One way would be to make a Linux virtual machine on the mac and run from there. There is free virtualisation software available, eg. VirtualBox, as well as stuff like Parallels, and you can download whatever linux flavour you like. If you use the Mac command line (ie. terminal) it will hold few terrors, as OSX is just another *nix underneath the graphics :)
  4. bluemoon1910

bluemoon1910 New Member

I have an Ubuntu laptop available as well / instead....could I run REVOLUTIONARY in Ubuntu ?
  5. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Certainly