• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting HTC Wildfire

I don't have any idea about rooting, yet I know the performance of my htc wildfire would increase if i root my phone.
Can someone please direct me to the most perfect rooting method for the wildfire?
I tried searching for it on the web but there are hundreds of methods of doing it, so I need your help
Gratitude in advance.

Upvote 0
rooting without s-off is quite easy.
i rooted my phone this way.

you can still make many performance changes and write to the system, delete bloatware, make your phone perform better, or much worse if you delete the wrong things.
I have noticed I can't access the ".android" folder, so there is some personal and other data I can't change.

1 UNLOCK your phone with the htcdev method. need a PC.

2 FLASH a clockworkmod recovery to your phone so you can make nand backups etc. need a PC.
if you don't have ready access to a pc, like me, permanently flash the recovery, because you can do such a lot without a computer. I have read that recoveries version 3 or more can't flash radios to your phone. I'm using the 2.5. ... that's recommended for the wildfire.

3 BACKUP. once you are unlocked and before you do anything else, make a nand backup of your phone and keep a copy of this backup somewhere safe in case you ever want to restore back to stock. I strongly advise it.

4 FLASH the superuser recomm 4 wildfire.
use your PC, or your clockworkmod recovery as an update from your SD card.
upon restart you will have root.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones