• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooting Huawei U8600-1 aka Tmobile move balance

Hello guys!
I have bought a new T-mobile Move Balance a month before.I really like this phone,but there are a lot of apps who need root to work..
I need to root my phone but i dont know how.I tried with SuperOneClicker but it freezez on step 7 every time.My Android version is 2.3.5.
Can somebody help me please??:eek::eek:

There was someone in XDA saying they have managed with superoneclick, though they didn't provide details. I suspect you've seen that. But have you tried asking for support in the superoneclick thread?

Rooting techniques are device-specific, so I don't think I can offer much help on a device I know nothing about (which is probably why you've had little response). But if you tell people what "step 7" of SuperOneClick is it might help somebody to come up with an idea.

Upvote 0
I don't offhand know of a non-root way of replacing the bootanimation. A ROM could be set up to allow this, but networks want their branding there so they never in my experience do this.

Rooting tools are generally phone-specific. That's the problem. There's something called "unlock root" which claims to be able to do a large number of phones (unlockroot.com), though it doesn't list that precise model. But I know nothing about this beyond that it exists.

You've not said what the step superoneclick fails on actually is, but one generic question: do you have adb drivers installed on your computer?

Upvote 0
Guys ive founded a way to root it with recovery mod,here is the link:
http://androidforums.com/xcover-all...al-gingerbread-root-unroot-2-3-3-2-3-7-a.html but when i enter in recovery mod,i click on apply update from sd card and find universal_gb_root_v20.zip,it shows:
-- Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Veryfying update package...
E:failed to veryfy whole-file signature
E:signature veryfication failed
Instalation aborted.

What to do ??

Upvote 0
If you have a problem with signature verification, look at the recovery menu and find the "toggle signature verification" option - I don't know what recovery you are using, but there should be one.

And please, remember that anyone offering help here is doing so unpaid and in their own time. Aggressive bumping does not create a good impression.

Reactions: danaj
Upvote 0
Ok,sorry...I am using Android system recovery <3e> and there is no "toggle signature verification".
There are only:
reboot system now
apply update from sd card
wipe data/factory reset
wipe chache partition
wipe misc partition
touchscreen firmware update
Are there some other recovery or way to do it ???
Again sorry,this is so much important to me so i want to do this quickly...:eek::eek:

Upvote 0
Hmm, more options than the stock HTC recovery came with on mine, but I reckon that's a stock recovery rather than a custom one, which is why it doesn't have that option.

Did you ask in that thread about compatibility? I know he has the word "universal" in there, but that is in a forum specifically for a particular Samsung model, so I'd recommend checking that it is more widely compatible. Though if you can't flash it I suppose that doesn't matter.

Some other hints/ideas I've found reading around: Using different (including older) versions of SuperOneClick. Gingerbreak is supposed to be fairly general (I think some version of superoneclick may use it). DooMLord's rooting tool is reported to work with some Huawei models. As I say, I don't know this device or what works with it or even what is safe. These are just a few of the generic solutions I've come across.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones