Rooting ICS

1. xj0hnx

xj0hnx Member

Following this ...

http://tau.shadowchild.nl/attn1/?p=112

First step is ...

adb push Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip /sdcard/external_sd/

Which I am guess is sending the file to the extra SD card, which I do not have. I am getting "error: device offline" is this because I do not have an extra SD?

How do I root it without an extra SD is this is the case?

Advertisement
    :
  2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx Member

So, is this forum just that inactive, or does no one know?

I used Pantech PC Suite and moved the "Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip" to /sdcard since I don't have an external sd card in my phone. But once I got fast booted into ClockWorkMod when I selected "install zip from sdcard" it kept giving me a "failed to mount sd card".

So is there a modification to the command if I am using the internal sd? Or do I HAVE to get and install an external sd?
  3. droopies

droopies Well-Known Member

I just picked one of these bad boys up too! I haven't started yet, but picking thru posts on several other sites, you HAVE to use an external SD card.
  4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx Member

Awesome, that's what I am getting too, so I guess "Must have external SD card" it is.

Also, ever since I updated, every time I try to update anything, it fails and tells me I don't have any storage space. Anyone heard this one yet? Is there a fix?
  5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx Member

Very weird, so the superuser file is for 3.0.7, and in cwm it fails to install (assuming because we are working with 4.0.4), it aborts installation, but when you reboot, and check you have root access again ...weird.
  6. droopies

droopies Well-Known Member

I rooted mine, deleted a bunch of apps...it got all wonky...I reflashed it back to stock ICS and re-rooted it again. I used the steps in the website posted above and it worked great both times. The easy way is to put those 2 files in the exact same folder as adb, then I copied and pasted the commands into the cmd window. Piece of cake. I went ahead and installed CWM so I could do backups and format if needed.
  7. sathsantha

sathsantha New Member

Why can't use Root with restore method, please google it , it is very easy
  8. alenhoff

alenhoff Member

there is a version of cwm that is altered to use the phones internal card. if you want the file email me and i'll give you the link to it. thanks
    Adam
    DevsNest • Portal
    Pantech Burst P9070
    Rooted, CWM, Deodexed Rom, Custom Kernel.
  9. attn1

attn1 Member

Burst Hack Kit simplifies root/cwm installation on Burst with ICS. No working fastboot needed (this has been a stumbling block for a lot of Windows users)

Burst Hack Kit
    btoobin and cell2011 like this.
  10. cell2011

cell2011 Well-Known Member

Thanks man been trying to root this thing when adb doesnt work good on computer sometimes. awesome now i just need a rom