Rooting Incredible on Mac

Last Updated:

1. FloridaOranges

FloridaOranges New Member This Topic's Starter

This is probably a lot to ask, but can anyone who has successfully rooted their Incredible on their mac make a step-by-step guide to help the rest of us (like me) who are very new to all of this?

Advertisement
  2. h0odlam

h0odlam Well-Known Member

the commands are very different for a mac. its probably been done but im not sure. if your so inclined, replace all the window commands with mac ones. not recommended though. just wait til some puts it on youtube or something.

3. NMMI89

NMMI89 Well-Known Member

I hope someone posts something about this soon....I just downloaded Android SDK and tried to change my boot animation but...no go. I followed directions for a non-rooted Incredible using the Mac instructions but it didn't work.

4. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

As he said, the commands are super different. I would suggest just going to your friends house or to the basement and boot up an 'ol windows computer. Once it's rooted, you can do anything you will ever want to do from your mac because of rom managers and just mounting your phone. Sorry, but as for now, you're going to need to use a windows unless you want to complicate things to the max.

5. NMMI89

NMMI89 Well-Known Member

Ruben- Would it be better if I tried to change my boot animation from a windows computer? I'd like to leave it non-rooted for now. I'm a noob and really sketchy about rooting. I'd hate to brick my phone.

6. Heelfan71

Heelfan71 Well-Known Member

no, mac is fine. here are the instructions for the boot animation got this from another site

installing boot animation on a mac (both rooted and nonrooted)

1) on your phone, turn on "USB debugging" under "Settings" > "Applications" > "Development" and connect it to your computer

2) move your android sdk folder to the "Applications" directory in your user folder (e.g. my username for my mac is Kyle, so I go to /Users/Kyle/Applications).

NOTE: this is NOT the same "Applications" folder where all your installed applications are at (at least not on mine, anyway)

3) download the bootanimation.zip and drop it in your sdk/tools folder

4) open the program "Terminal" (found in "Applications" > "Utilities")

5) type "cd Applications" followed by "cd [insert name for your android sdk folder]"

NOTE: if you named your folder "Android SDK" or a name with more than one word, the format should be like this (otherwise use above format): cd Android\ SDK

6) type "cd tools" followed by "./adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local"

7) once it finishes, reboot your phone and DONE! (Edited by author 2 days ago)