Rooting issues?

Last Updated:

1. Jcarmicha

Jcarmicha Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Followed this guide:
    http://androidforums.com/droid-all-...oid-without-rsd-lite-up-including-frg22d.html

Whenver I tried to make a back-up of the phone I was returned to the M and hadn't moved from there. The phone is back on but I'm not to sure what would cause it to stick as opposed to going in and making a back-up?

On top of that we installed Rom Manager Premium and it says "Application is not installed..?"

When clicking Reboot into Recovery I am just sent back to the Motorola M also..? Something isn't right here. Any ideas..?

Advertisement
  2. patch

patch Well-Known Member

You mean you go to stock recovery?

Make sure sure you did step 22 -- double check to make sure the file is renamed.

3. Jcarmicha

I definitely recall typing that step into the process. I have the superuser permissions just can't seem to do much in Rom Manager. On my phone when I click backup it puts me into a menu backing everything up.. on her phone it takes me right to the M boot screen and does nothing :(

My phone has been rooted and hers is FRD22 or whichever was the latest version so I followed that tutorial which seemed pretty straightforward now I am running into issues when trying to backup in Rom Manager.. couldn't access the recovery when I tried through rom manager either.. took me straight to the m :(

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Did you also installed ROM Manager free? THAT'S the program. Premium is just a license key to unlock premium features.

5. Jcarmicha

Yeah I had her download both :) just really seems unable to access anything. I flashed a clockwork recovery and everything. Just puzzled as I ran into none of these issues with rooting my droid. Although I didn't follow this method for mine.

6. The_Chief

You can't get into ROM Manager at all? Even with both of them installed? I guess if I woke up in your shoes right now I would uninstall and reinstall the free version and try again... if you haven't already done that. THEN flash Clockwork recovery, THEN flash SPRecovery (alternate) and reflash Clockwork recovery again.

7. Jcarmicha

Well I am able to get into Rom Manager and am able to flash a clockwork recovery but when I go to create a backup of my current I am sent to the m where it sticks.

8. The_Chief

Did you flash alternate recovery (SPRecovery) and then re-flash Clockwork? Try that BEFORE doing the backup...

9. Jcarmicha

Just did it and it worked! Whoooo! Thanks for the help.

10. The_Chief

GREAT! :D

NOW make your backup and rock on!

11. Jcarmicha

Phew now she can rock her hot pink lithium mod theme she has been eyeing up!

12. patch

patch Well-Known Member

I don't think you did step 22. When you reflash clockwork, it will last only until you boot back into your Froyo, then it will go back to stock recovery. It worked since you flashed and wait straight to recovery instead of letting Froyo boot.

If you flashed a new ROM, you don't have to worry about this since it already handles step 22 for you ;)

13. Jcarmicha

As long as it's finished :)
    Pretty straight forward with the steps a little fun as I haven't played around in there too much.

14. jameswilletts

jameswilletts New Member

Hey, gang -

So yeah, I looked at the link... (http://androidforums.com/droid-all-...oid-without-rsd-lite-up-including-frg22d.html)

...and it's all greek to me. Perhaps because I'm a mac-****. :-/

myTouch = T-Mobile, obviously, but I think I've found the ROM I need....

However,--since my research tells me I need to run a recovery first-- I've been having the same issues with various recovery apk's....

Either, "Backup FAILED: Could not run command" or "Application Not Installed" errors....

Can anyone either explain the code-writing to me or point me in the direction of an apk that'll actually run on my phone?

Thanks a ton!

- James

--
    Is it just me, or are there a lot of people having problems with their droids?

T-Mobile myTouch 3g
    Android 2.2.1 (Stock)

MacBook Pro
    2.8GHz Intel Core Duo
    OS X 10.5.1

15. skilaufen

skilaufen Well-Known Member

The instructions you are referring to are for the Motorola Droid 1. I wouldn't try them on a mytouch 3g. Check out the below link and post there. Someone should be able to help you a lot better there.:)

MyTouch 3G - All Things Root - Android Forums

jameswilletts likes this.