Rooting just for titanum-backup

1. phipsi

phipsi New Member

Hallo,
    I read lot of forum-articles here and in other forums. But I need help.

My only thing is, that I wand to backup my HTC and not only the data on the micro-sd-card.

For that reason, I suggest that:
    - titanum-backup is best app
    - I need root-permission for that app
    - I do not need permanent rooting-permission
    - I do not need write-permission on system and S-OFF

So I decided to do download Visionary+ (19/Nov r14: VISIONary + one click root - Android @ MoDaCo - I read about this in a german forum: Rooten mit Visionary - Android-Hilfe.de)

My steps:

1. download visionary+ .apk file and install on HTC --> this should gramt temporary root-permission in an easy way - for newbies like me
    2. installed titanum backup + superuser and BusyBox
    3. started visionary+ and turned on TEMPROOT NOW
    ...but I do not now, what should happen next
    - there comes "waiting for root... for abour 10 sec, then I get a black screen; when pressing home-button, I see for short the green "HTC", then loading home-screen
    4. when I launch titanum or BusyBox I get a error-message, "Sorry, no root-permission"

What goes wrong?
    Can anybody help?

Thanks.
    ps: My HTC desire Z has 2.2.1, build-number 1.82.166.1

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

phipsi,

I'm just throwing my two-cents (or Groschen ;) -- I went skiing in Kirchdorf many years ago) here, but I thought I'd mention this to you in case it helps.

I see, from the link that you provided, that Visionary is based on Sebastian Krahmer's rageagainstthecage exploit. This same exploit is used in Z4root, which is known to behave (work) better when it is installed and then a fresh reboot is performed before running it.

So, try running Visionary immediately after you've rebooted your phone to increase the chance of it having success.

Cheers and I hope this helps.
    phipsi likes this.