Rooting/mistakes/back up

Last Updated:

1. DesirableHTC

DesirableHTC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 27, 2010
    Hi, i am just about to try this new one click programme for rooting, but i have a few questions before i take the plunge. Im relatively new to android and rooting etc, but i am able to follow instructions quite competently. What i need to know is, once i have rooted can i go back if needed? and what do i do about backing up my stuff just in case i need to revert back? i have heard of this nandroid back up, is this what i need to do first? Sorry for the newbie questions, but i just don't want to knacker my desire ( i love her ) yes my phone is a her!!! lol!! JK, i really don't want to brick my phone!!

any help appreciated

2. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    can you revert? yes, google unroot desire and you'll find the guide and files, very simple.
    Back up your entire sdcard before rooting (e.g. copy the whole contents to pc), if you use Astro File manager, you can also back up all your apps to sdcard, which makes it quicker to reinstall them afterwards.
    Nandroid backup is available once you root, using the unrevoked method; when you have completed the root and have the clockworkmodrecovery screen, you will see the option then.
    good luck, and take your time ;p