Rooting MTK6575 N8000?

1. DeadFire

DeadFire New Member

I got a new N8000 in China, and was going to root it, but... how?
    As I see it, superoneclick freezes at step 7, so I gave up on that.
    Then I tried using the Motofail one, but it said that /System/ was a read only file, how can I change that? Help would be REALLLLY appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Android Ver. 4.0.3
    (P.S. First post, forgive mistakes pls)
    Cheers,
    Declan

Advertisement
  2. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

Welcome To AF DeadFire:)
    I was able to find this for in regards to root & recovery(look at the bottom of the post) ;)
    Haipai i9220 mtk6575 android 4.0 - xda-developers
    Believe this is an option for your particular device-if not let me know:D
  3. PGmonkey

PGmonkey Member

I am watching this with interest. I also have the Star N8000. I find the Wifi poor and would love to root it. Reading the XDA post blows my head as I don't really know what they are on about. Most of the post refers to a different phone.
  4. dummer

dummer New Member

every thing you need for your star n8000 is here,best root tool is tpsparkys
    Star N8000, firmware and rom - xda-developers
    seeker9969 and gbiggie like this.
  5. gbiggie

Nice find dummer;)
    OK I have to ask why that name :rofl:

Welcome to Android Forums dummer and PGmonkey:D
  6. PGmonkey

PGmonkey Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    I think that I have the correct file downloaded to my computer, it is "MTK6575_ADB_Root.rar". Only problem is that I don't know what to do with it now!
    Should I move it to the phones sd card and do something with it?
  7. dummer

dummer New Member

Nice find dummer
    OK I have to ask why that name

I was a soldier and we were never allowed to use our real names so as i was cleaver(yeh right) they nick named me that and it sort of stays with me.i also use sas007
  8. gbiggie

Try to extract/unzip it...rar is a Winrar file. Will take a look when I fire up the laptop in a minute;)
  9. ibolow

ibolow New Member

Hi there to all the N8000 users, I read with interest in this thread, as just got a new N8000, I wonder the same version.
    Qns : may I know how to change the base color on the text/sms screen to other color, by default it is WHITE it may too bright for me.
    can any1 here help?
    Many thanks,
  10. waqar0333

waqar0333 Member

Any One Have "Gionee GN105 MTK6573 (same mircormax a75 phone)" without 3g UBOOT image? my phone give error! 3G cant load on 2g phone, i need GSM UBOOT,