Rooting My Arc ... Again !

1. chunx78

chunx78 Member

Can anybody give me any help with re-rooting my experia arc?
    It was rooted but when I updated my phone obviously it took my privileges away. That's what i get for messing around after a few drinks i suppose.
    From what i gather , are we all waiting for a new hack to be made public?
    Ifso is there any hint of when it will be available!
    Thanks In Advance! :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. stu1978

stu1978 Well-Known Member

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Welcome to AF! :)

I've moved your post to the Arc rooting section where other users of the device may be able to assist.
    chunx78 likes this.
  4. chunx78

chunx78 Member

After following the root advice and all going as planned . Even though i had Titanium backup, and gingerbreak on my sd card prior to re-rooting. all the data has dissapeared so i havent actually been able to run gingerbreak again because it dosn't show up on my phone along with a few other pre-paid apps ect.

What am i missing?

Any help would be gratfully recieved.

Thanks

grant
  5. stu1978

If you reflashed a firmware then all apps will have been wiped. Just log into your market and anything you paid for will be listed under your apps.
    chunx78 likes this.
  6. chunx78

chunx78 Member

Thanks for the tip off about replacing my apps, i keep downloading gingerbreak and putting onto sd card but it never shows up?
    And which is the best version for me to go for v1.00 or v1.20 iv tried both and neither show up?
    But my re-downloaded apk's appeared straight away?

thanks

grant
  7. stu1978

Not showing up where, the app drawer or in file browser?

I use Root Explorer to install any APK's from sdcard
  8. chunx78

chunx78 Member

when i look for the apk file through the manage applications tab in settings.
    it dosnt show on the sd tab, but when looking through file manager on my computer it is there.
    Also it says there is only a few mb spare on the phone itself thats why i want to get my priveledges back to clean some of the crap off.
  9. chunx78

chunx78 Member

Gingerbreak v 1.2 dosnt appear to be available to me when i try to install it after flashing the earlier version and depositing the gingerbreak apk file onto my sd card, i have clicked the trust unknown sources and usb debugging enabled. ( I thought that might be my problem)

Because i have to root the phone before i update OTA?

Its probably something stupid that im doing/not doing but i cant figure it out!

Apologies if this post is a bug bear!

Grant