rooting my behold 2 using mac

Last Updated:

1. rseeker

rseeker New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys
    I was watching the video on how to root the behold 2 using windows. It looks the same using mac but I dont have command prompt window? Do I use terminal and if so how to I use it?

rob

Advertisement
  2. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

Just use Odin

3. Nu11u5

Nu11u5 Well-Known Member Developer

That old root tutorial is obsolete.

You used to be able to root with only a remote connection using the Android SDK tools which are available for Mac. However the exploit in the phone's software that allowed this was patched out in an update.

The only way to root now is to flash properly modified software to the phone using the Odin flash software that Samsung let loose into the wild.

Unfortunately, Odin only works on Windows.

It does work on a Mac if you run it under Bootcamp or a virtual machine like Virtual Box, Parallels, or VMWare.

Bugdog likes this.
  4. rseeker

rseeker New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I will use windows to root my behold 2 but have one question.. The reason why I am doing this is because I am tired of waiting for samsung to release the 1.6 so what rom will take care of this for me? Looking at galaxy 1.6 / behold 2 stock oem 1.6 rom w/root or behold 2 stock rom with tweaks

Samsung Behold 2 ROMs | TheUnlockr

thanks guys for your help

5. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

I would go with the Behold 2 stock 1.6 with root and tweaks from bearsfan85 and nu11u5