Rooting my Droid - Now What?

Last Updated: 2012-07-01 01:18:20
  1. banistersmind

banistersmind Member

I have successfully rooted my Gingerbread 2.3.4 Samsung Gio GT-S5660V and have installed Titanium Backup and Root on my device. I started the process of moving many of my apps across to the SD Card and have recruited about 60Mb of free space from an original 20Mb of free space. I had a couple of glitches along the way (apparently Google Play doesn't like being "played" with) and I've learned that apps that have widget accompaniment aren't good candidates for the shift.

I'm now at a stage where I don't know what else I can safely move across so I turn to the community here in the hope you can advise me as to what else I can shift across.

Also, are there any other methods that are a little less finicky than the steps required in Titanium Backup and Root?

Hope you're having a good day.

Advertisement
  2. INvinter23

INvinter23 Well-Known Member

Well, the only things that you really need to watch out for are apps with widgets and system apps and google apps. The rest are pretty easy to move.
  3. banistersmind

banistersmind Member

Yeah - I noted some initial problems in moving Google Maps over, however I simply uninstalled and reinstalled and found it works fine on the SD Card now. I had no problems in moving GMail across.

I did have all sorts of issues putting Google Play onto the SD Card, so much so that I had to flash back to a stock ROM and start over but it was a much quicker process the second time around.

I have plus/minus 60Mb of free space in the Device Memory now, which is pleasing. Too early to say whether performance is better but I'll report back once I've had time to play around with my new environment.