rooting my HTC one V

Last Updated:

1. chhatraliya

chhatraliya New Member

I have bought my android three weeks back. it is working amazingly on single core processor untill I install a bunch of applications. I had to reset it by factory data reset 3 times for slower operation of the phone. Does factory data reset affect my phone hardware or software? And I have read several posts on Rooting the phone and flashing a custom ROM. I want to try that option ony HTC one v. can anybody help??

Advertisement
  2. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

Chatraliya, welcome to Android Forums :hello:

I moved your thread into the All Things Root section since it's related to rooting the device.

With the Android OS, the number of apps on the device shouldn't impact it's speed as Android is very good at maintaining memory to maximize performance. It might be just one of the apps you have installed causing problems with the OS.

A factory reset doesn't have any impact on the hardware or default status of the software so this doesn't cause any problems.

If you are interested in rooting the device, please see the following guide:
    [GUIDE] How to Root the HTC One V

Unfortunately there are presently no custom ROMs that improve performance. And as of now, nobody has produced an overclock kernel. But rooting will allow you to uninstall factory bloat and other unwanted apps, plus backup your ROM and run rooted apps.

I hope this helps!
    El Presidente and chhatraliya like this.
  3. blueeyedjew

blueeyedjew New Member

Does it stay on the window that sais "this model is for development only....." window long when rooting, because mine stayed on for an hour before i turned it off. Also i did the clock work mod thing, and i get the same screen when i try to boot into recovery and also when i try to do a factory reset. Any way you can help?