Rooting my Incredible with Unrevoked 3 stuck at "Waiting for root..."

Last Updated:

1. zhill29

zhill29 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had a rooted Incredible using this method before however I had a problem with the on screen keyboard so I got a replacement. The replacement just came yesterday. Now I am rooting the replacement and the Unrevoked 3 program gets stuck at "Waiting for root... (Safe to restart if this doesn't work)"

I have the HBOOT drivers installed and my phone comes up in device manager as "Android Composite ADB Interface"

Any ideas? Did they apply a new update to the phone that prevents rooting? If so how long before I can get around it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Advertisement
  2. zhill29

zhill29 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just figured out I have an SLCD screen. Has anyone found a way to root the Incredibles with SLCD screens yet? I'm assuming the screen isn't what prevents me from rooting just something else they did to the phone with the new hardware.

3. Joevarm

Joevarm Active Member

Since the Nov. OTA (which your replacement phone came with) root has not worked. Unrevoked is working on a fix and have promised it will arrive soon (maybe sometime this week?). Give it a few days and watch for news here on the forums.