1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Rooting my Kyocera rIse :) Need sound advice and opinions

1. jlgarr86

jlgarr86 Well-Known Member

So I'm about to root my brand new kyocera rise. I've downloaded and backed up all my apps. I believe Google should take care of backing up my contacts and simple information. Is there any other prerequisites I should take into consideration? Got it connected as media store device, usb debugging enabled, and unmounted the SD card.

Advertisement
  2. RyanSupertramp

RyanSupertramp Well-Known Member

Sounds like you got everything in order. I rooted my Rise after having it for 2 hours. Then I took it back because I hated the phone. But, to each their own. Enjoy the root access! :)

Only thing I would do is maybe go to your gmail account just to make sure that the Contacts are saved. Putting new contacts in your phone is such a hassle!
    jlgarr86 likes this.
  3. jlgarr86

Is there any root programs that work with 4.0.4?

Kyocera RiSE)
  4. jlgarr86

Was your Kyocera RiSE running 4.0.4? I've tried several times to root this firmware version and it hasn't gone through yet... Super One Click didn't work and neither did Bin4ry's method from XDA developers.
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

6. jlgarr86

7. RyanSupertramp

RyanSupertramp Well-Known Member

The link the Admin gave is the same link I used to root the Rise. It actually took me twice to root it. It didn't take on the first try, I'm not sure why..
  8. cole2kb

cole2kb Member

There appears to be some sort of issue with that script and the timing with the commands it executes and our phone. I had to try it upwards of 20 times before it was successful.
  9. jlgarr86

So you're saying rooting 4.0 Kyocera rIse is possible it just takes a lot of tries? Could someone tell me which program they used that gave a successful root access?
  10. bunanson

bunanson Well-Known Member

Just did it in a hotel room. No fansy equipment/apks from my usual hack station at home. I use v15, the last one; had problem with the driver on 64 bit win sys. I switched to a winXP 32 bit system, and got driver from unlockroot.com. And ran it 3 times, and upgraded the superuser.apk and reboot several time. and it rooted.

bun
  11. krackerkrusher

krackerkrusher New Member

Took me awhile to figure this out but the rise doesn't support the "prompt" setting in SuperSU. This needs switched to "always"... Just be sure to back up your rise immediately...
  12. sneaky_1

sneaky_1 Well-Known Member

Use this root method, [GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise! - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    It has a different version of superuser that works on the rise. I wouldn't update the binaries, or the superuser app, as it may break it. I haven't tried updating from this version, but the latest superuser app and binaries that I installed before broke root. I would leave well enough alone in this case. This version fixes the no prompt/no log of root access, that has been talked about in other threads.
  13. cooldudezach

cooldudezach Well-Known Member

Assuming the versions are from the v2 version of the rooting script, you can update the superuser app. I was able to at least.
  14. WoodEe23

WoodEe23 Member

I used poot(w100)apk...ive had flawless success...keep both poot &
    inistro apk installed as to not lose Qt libraries. .. Thats 100% fact...i love my rise...its rooted and booted...busybox v 1.20/init.d/3gscripts/
  15. ronii

ronii Well-Known Member

Can u tell me how to get the init.d and 3gscripts