• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting my phone...the seven questions..

richi143

May 29, 2010
I bot a 8 gb mem card yesterday for my LG EVE...
So, i have made my mind to root my phone, but before rooting i want to clear some doubts , so please guys help me...

1) Is it safe , i mean if i do anything wrong what will happen and how can i prevent that?

2) There are many ways i saw , please suggest me the best one and the most reliable and easy one(i want link).

3) After rooting my phone, if i need to use "reset factory settings" from settings , what will happen?? i mean will i get the unrooted fone or something else?

4) I have heard that rooting deletes all the preinstalled apps like market , gmail, gtalk etc from fone and you need to install them manually.
Is it true??

5) After rooting if i Format my memory card, what will happen??

6) Will i get some other custom OS after rooting where i will find some other options like a prompt whenever i install app to install it on sd card??

7) The last question , will i get the same Interface as normal fone after rooting, i mean the same menu with all those same preinstalled wallpapers and all same interface with 3 screens and all preinstaled apps on their position as we get after formatting the fone???

Please answer all these questions as i am really worried about these and after getting answer to them i will try to root my device....

1. IMO it is safe if you follow directions to a T and make sure you have the version phone the directions are made for. Worst case is bricking the phone (which is a pretty bad worst case), but if you follow directions chances are slim. Many phones have a one click root where your pc does all the work.

2) Depends on your phone. I would search for a one click root, but it is not the same for every device. Sometimes it is the same/similar for families of devices (ie HTC devices)
EDIT: I missed that you use the EVE. I am not familiar with the phone, but it looks like a mod moved you into the right forum. Have a look around that forum. You wll find the knowledge you seek there.

3) No, your phone will not unroot. All rooting is is gaining access to the base directories of the phone, know as the root files. It is sort of a techy term. If you are familiar with iOS, think of it as a jailbreak for all intents and purposes.

4) Rooting itself doesn't delete anything, but with the right apps it gives you access to this. Also gives you access to custom ROMs (think like a custom OS) with various preinstalled and uninstalled apps. Most will have the bloatware removed but still allow them to optionally be installed if you wish.

6) Same as always. Your memory card will be erased. The root happens on the onboard memory which is not effected by formatting your card.

7) Yes. Right after a root your phone will not look any different than it did before. Custom roms are what change it. They can look different, but the difference generally isn't so huge that you don't know where to begin to figure out the new rom.

Upvote 0
Fist things first, does your phone have the capability to boot in FASTBOOT mode? This depends on the firmware of your phone, version 10f works.

I strongly suggest that you log on the OPENETNA site (openetna.com) and review the installation page. Installation | OpenEtna

If you root then flash the latest release you will have an LG EVE running Froyo (Android) version 2.2 which is different in look and feel from 1.5. All your google apps will reinstall and work just fine.

Read the forum page concerning installation or general questions before you start if you have questions, most answers are there already.

Flashing to 2.2 is well worth the trip!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones