rooting mytouch

Last Updated:

1. ayush20m

ayush20m Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I wanna root mytouch which is unlocked. What are the chances that when I am finished it will be locked again?

Which rom is the most preferred rom (i.e fastest and everything working on it)?

Advertisement
  2. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

Well you of course have to kind of lock it to a certain provider during the unrooting process, because you'll need to associate yourself somehow to be able to sign in to Gmail and stuff, but I don't imagine after rooting it that your phone would be locked again. I think that it would just stay unlocked.

Anyway, the fastest Roms I would say would be Cyanogen 4.2.15.1 or SuperD 1.9.3

Good Luck!

3. ayush20m

ayush20m Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So you mean during rooting I will have the phone locked to Tmobile and after I am done it will be unlocked?

4. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member

I don't think you'll have to lock it to Tmobile, but you'll have to put a sim card in, either tmobile or att and I would say just you att and stick with it, that way you'll get at the service you'll need. So you'll have to have a sim card in, which doesn't mean its locked to Tmobile, but then you'll root it and you should be able to switch over to an att sim card and be ready to go.

ayush20m likes this.