Rooting Newbie -Mytouch 4GGeneral

1. greedyfly4

greedyfly4 New Member

Hi I'm new to the Adroid phone community with my Mytouch 4G and have been reading around about rooting it. The reason is because I just want to uninstall some preinstalled apps that came with the phone. I saw that VISIONary is no longer provided as an app in the Market and the instructions that I've Google'd seem to be a bit outdated. Is there an easy step by step instruction and/or URL out there that would help me do this? Please note, my phone just updated to the latest software 2.3.4 (I believe Gingerbread) so I'm not sure if that will have any effect on trying to root. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Advertisement
    :
  2. famished

famished Well-Known Member

Check out the Forum "All Things Root" here or go to XDA for the best resource. It just requires that you read through the threads that may be of interest to you.
  3. hiitsme0819

hiitsme0819 Member

hi I had trouble rooting my MT4G IT came stock 2.3.4 check out my thread in all things root it use the downgrade method with a few miner changes to make the commands work its called adb permissions denied solved not for the faint of heart though hope it helps
  4. 1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone Well-Known Member

IMHO, unless you have nothing but time on your hands, I'd wait until the solution for rooting Gingerbread is out. Those bloatware apps aren't really eating any groceries, and I hear the solution is weeks away. How many weeks, I don't know; but to me it's not worth it to go through the hassle of reverting back to 2.2.1 just to root it, and then move fwd. Going that direction is more intensive than what I want to spend my time on, so I'll wait so we can directly root Gingerbread.

YMMV.