• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting of Galaxy 3

CroCarp

Lurker
Nov 7, 2010
So, I tried rooting my Samsung GT-i5800, also known as Galaxy 3, but it just wont work. The problem is i can't activate recovery mode. I tried with ROM manager, but problem is that there is no Galaxy 3 to choose from mobiles. I tried normal, manual with Home + Power on, not working either. I tried on this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kml-Fzt6yUY .

So, any suggestions? And what I wanted to ask, once you enable USB debugging, can you access your SD card? It wouldn't allow me. Reason why I want to root my phone is just to install themes i want. If you know any way of installing themes without rooting phone, please share info. I tried with aHome and Open Home, but its not what i want. What i want is this theme on my mobile phone: Android Minimal Matte 1.5 Full Theme ROM - Android Theme Collection & Free Android Themes Download

Thank you in advance and hope someone will have a solution for this :)

Regards

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones