Rooting on 902

Last Updated: 2012-07-18 22:34:17
  1. tigersfan1

tigersfan1 Well-Known Member

What is the best way to root a droid bionic on 902, I tried motofail and it didnt work what should i do?? Need an awnser asap if possible thanks!

Advertisement
  2. tigersfan1

I use the second link before when I tried motofail and it didnt work. I also tried R3L3AS3DRoot and I dont know which one did this but one of those gave me a boot error pretty sure it was R3L3AS3DRoot. Luckily I did this on a replacement phone and I can send the replacement phone back and a get a new replacement. So I guess when I get the new replacement ill try it again.
  3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Use Razr's Edge then. I've been using it flawlessly for the last two weeks with these ICS leaks and it works very well.
  4. tigersfan1

where is the link for Razr's Edge because i dont know where to find it?
  5. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

6. tigersfan1

7. OutOfPhase

No that's for ics only. You need motofail to root .902 and can get it in the all things root thread
  8. tigersfan1

Yeah I have tried motofail some many times and it never works! You guys keep telling me to use it and it never has worked on the two phones i have tried it on my drivers are up to date. My phone is on usb debugging and usb charging only and I unzip the file and run it, my phone restarts twice and bam the root does work at all. I dont think im doing anything wrong. Any ideas??

My computer is running windows 7 and im using the windows motofail file so i know thats right
  9. OutOfPhase

Look to see if you have a super user app installed
  10. OutOfPhase

11. johnlgalt

Wait, i used RAZR'S EDGE to root 905 and it worked....
  12. OutOfPhase

what! I thoughtn that it did not work on gb
  13. tigersfan1

No I do not have the super user app installed

I previously installed a root checker and it said i didnt have root

Should i update to 905 and use Razrs edge or can I use razrs edge on 902 to root my phone?
  14. tigersfan1

So it turns out that the zip file i downloaded and extracted from was missing the actual motofail file which would explain why it kept failing and not rooting. So i downloaded a different one that actually had the file in it and it finally rooted my phone. Thanks again for your guys help. Will the root hold through the 905 update?
  15. johnlgalt

Running as admin won't make a difference.

Double check everything. USB debugging enabled. Motorola USB cable that came with your BIONIC. Main USB port on your computer, not a USB hub. USB2.0 port, not a USB 3.0 port. Latest USB drivers (see my signature in the first reply that i made in this thread).

If it still does not work, with every thing connected, open a cmd window, changer to the directory where you have motofail extracted, and type
    Code (Text):
    1. adb devices
    and see if it sees your phone. If you see multiple devices, then enter
    Code (Text):
    1. adb kill-server
    and then run the batch file.

If you do not see any devices, check every thing above again.
  16. tigersfan1

Thanks i was able to figure out what was wrong. See the post above. Will the root hold when i update to 905?
  17. johnlgalt

Since motofail uses the same persistence method as Razr's Edge, it should retain no matter what.

just in case it does not, keep that file hand lol.