Rooting... one way or another

Last Updated:

1. pwrshft99

pwrshft99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Trying to root with unrevoked3 beta for froyo. Keep getting the wait for device message and nothing happens. I've done all kinds of searchs and read for hours, downloaded and install drivers that are being recommended to other people with similar issues, still get no where.

I'm not the best at this stuff, but I can follow directions and usually keep trying til I get it right. I managed to install the leaked froyo a few weeks back with no issues at all.

Of all the things my phone can do, I need it now to hack my PS3 and to do that it needs to be rooted. Im looking for the easiest and fastest way to do it. I don't care if I have to downgrade to 2.1 until the official unrevoked3 comes out of beta.

Anybody have some suggestions ?? Even YouTube didn't help much.

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

are you using windows xp, vista, 7, Mac?

3. pwrshft99

pwrshft99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

im using WinXP.. Im on the right track because the drivers software on my phone now says Android Bootloader Interface... but Unrevoked3.21 will not reconize the phone..

Still stuck at "waiting for device" I have removed all HTC Sync programs except for the drivers that came with it...