Last Updated:

1. mrhomiec

mrhomiec Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i've only rooted my Eris. and i'm trying to convince my
    friends to root their phones. each one of them has a
    different phone.

compared to the Eris, what is the method like to rooting
    other phones? i've checked the other All Things Root
    for the other phones, and it sounds some what the same.
    but i just wanted to see if anyone else has any experience.

Advertisement
  2. kobel1up

kobel1up Well-Known Member

Well I have a friend that rooted his Droid X, then locked it up. I did some searching and found a right up of how to unbrick your X. Took 5 min to do that, then I got it back to stock with the zip file I needed to use. Later that weekend he wanted to root, I tried the one click root method, (not as easy as eris) I didn't have any luck so I had to use sdk. I must say it is much easier than the eris, or I am just more experienced than I was before. You do have a few more options to flash roms and themes. I would say the X is easy to root, and unbrick. Well he didn't exactly brick it, he rooted the phone, but didn't follow the steps and tried to flash a rom in the wrong recovery. (X has 2 different ones) One you can flash roms on (bootstrap recovery) and one called recovery. Bootstrap recovery is like amons, it has a selection that says flash zip from sdcard, and recovery says update zip from sdcard. Big difference. It was stuck in a boot loop. Easy fix.
    http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ing-custom-rom-theme-how-unbrick-droid-x.html

3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I believe that most HTC phones can be rooted very easily with unrevoked; it can also root an Eris, for that matter. I'm just curious why you are encouraging people to root; are they having problems with their phones? Frustrated with how they work? I can see encouraging an Eris user to root, since the stock software is so prone to slowdowns and bugs, but I'm not sure that I would root another phone that was working fine, just because I can.

4. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Well-Known Member

I used unrevoked to root my Incredible. I would never encourage the average person to root their phone. The only reason I rooted the Dinc was to remove bloatware really. Completely different from when I had the Eris. I needed to overclock that...get live wallpapers...enable a2sd...remove bloatware...all sorts of things.

5. mrhomiec

mrhomiec Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

2 of my friends have the G1 and another one has the myTouch.
    all of them are experiencing lags and freezes. so i was telling
    them how rooting my phone cleared all that up.