Rooting other than Unrevoked method

Last Updated:

1. fivebass52

fivebass52 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Had my Evo rooted with Unrevoked, but noticed a few glitches, read up on it, and decided to uninstall it. I want to root, but at the moment, it seems as if ever method I look at has some kind of unrevoked method as part of the instructions.

Is there a legitimate method, adb shell or otherwise out there, other than Unrevoked? This is no bash against the developers of Unrevoked; just would rather go a more "traditional" route. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

What glitches did you see?

3. fivebass52

I noticed delays in programs opening, and occasionally when I tapped on a program it would start to open, then "snap back" to the home screen. After about a week of that, and reading more about unrevoked, I decided I didn't want to see what else might start happening. Sure do miss being rooted, and not being able to tether.

4. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Well-Known Member

fivebass52 likes this.
  5. fivebass52

mdizzle99 - thanks for the links. I've seen the first link before, and had no luck finding it as of late, so I appreciate you posting it for me. The second link I do have, BUT, as part of the rooting process, Toast uses unrevoked, and I'd like to avoid that.

So I'll look more at the xda-link, and see what if that will get me rooted, and ready to flash a rom. Thanks again....

If anyone else has more info, please post, as I think there isn't enough info out there on basic rooting, and way too much on Unrevoked.

6. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

Root access is root access. Wheather unrev oked or downgrading to 2.1 and then gaining root.

7. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Well-Known Member

My bad. I thought he didn't use unrevoked. Well...what about using the first link to downgrade to 2.1 and then using simpleroot to get you the rest of the way. This may rely on unrevoked also, though - I really don't know.