Rooting phone WITHOUT computer

1. kturcotte

kturcotte Member

My Sprint Galaxy S4 is currently on Android 4.2.2 and rooted. The phone has grabbed 4.3 and is waiting for me to start the update. I know that once I do, I'm going to lose root acces though. I want to keep the phone rooted. However, I no longer have access to a pc of any sort. Is there anyway to root the phone using the phone itself? My phone is the ONLY computer like device I currently have.

Advertisement
  2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

There is an android app called Mobile Odin available for download. However, I cannot say whether or not CF Auto-root will run successfully in it.
  3. jejb

jejb Well-Known Member

If not, you could maybe use mobile odin to put on the TWRP recovery. The first time you exit TWRP, it will look to see if you're rooted and, if not, prompt you to allow it to root you.

Of course, you'd need to do all the other stuff first.
    -Reinstall stock recovery
    -Backup your apps, settings, etc OFF the internal memory
    -Do a factory data reset and maybe triangle away to get the Custom flags cleared on the download screen
    -Mobile Odin MF9 stock rom
    -Reinstall apps/settings
    -Take the OTA or Mobile Odin MJA on
    -Then do the TWRP install
  4. chocolote4444

chocolote4444 New Member

There is a way to root s4 no computer! Download root master v1.0.5.0 look it up on google
  5. chocolote4444

chocolote4444 New Member

To root the s4 without a computer, download rootmaster v1.0.5.0 apk! look it up on google