Rooting Problem - adb is not recognized

1. Nate1n22

Nate1n22 Active Member

I have been trying to root my Evo 4g all night, but no websites seem to work...

I am following this tutorial: [GUIDE] How to root Android 2.2 on the EVO 4G Outdated - xda-developers and it says to put these commands into the command line:
    When I typed in the first line, the cmd is saying: "'adb' is not recognized as an internal, or external command"

This is really annoying me, how do I get around this...

Advertisement
  2. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I'd use the Rooting For Dummies thread in this forum personally. Espcecially cause that XDA thread says "Outdated" in the title.
  3. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

I agree, that is an outdated method. Read this:

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/194918-rooting-dummies-extras.html

If you have a newer Evo, you can't use unrevoked. There is a more difficult method available until unrevoked gets an update.

[ROOT][GUIDE] HBoot 2.02/2.10 SOFF - The Savior Edition - Upd. 12.26.10 - xda-developers

I would *not* recommend this method if you don't understand everything in it. I mean this as no insult at all, but it doesn't sound like you're ready for it.

I suggest you read up on how to use adb. I'm going to guess you don't have the android sdk or don't have it set up right. Here's a pretty good guide on it:

[GUIDE] ADB Workshop and Guide for everyone - xda-developers
  4. Nate1n22

Nate1n22 Active Member

My phone can't even be rooted.

That sucks.
  5. CrazyTechnoBoy

CrazyTechnoBoy Well-Known Member

How come your saying that? Is your Evo the newer kind of Evos?
  6. Nate1n22

Nate1n22 Active Member

Yeah, I got it about a month ago.
  7. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Did you follow the instructions to verify your hboot version?
  8. defjef123

defjef123 Member

u have to change the directory of the command prompt to the folder where u extracted the main file
  9. defjef123

defjef123 Member

type CD then the address where its at like, CD C:\Users\Jeff\Desktop\(name of folder)
  10. Nate1n22

Nate1n22 Active Member

Yeah, and my version doesn't work.
    I did that.