Rooting Problem.

Last Updated:

1. Mothafizzy

Mothafizzy New Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry, I am just unsure of how to get around this.

In my attempt to root on the Vibrant, I used the XDA Galaxysrooter, and when I get to the recovery boot step, I am stumped. I have tried many times to boot holding the volume up + volume down key to get to the recovery boot menu, and have no success. I have asked friends, and watched tutorials on others doing the same method, and I have no idea why I cannot get to this menu, or what I could be doing wrong.

If anyone has any suggestions as to why this method is not working, or an alternative I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Mothafizzy

Ok, I've given up and it seems, in accordance with some other accounts i've seen, some of these newer models of the Vibrant simply cannot reach the recovery boot anymore. So I am trying to use adb to root.

Now here lies my new issue.

When I try to boot recovery from adb, I am unable to because I cannot find a way to connect the phone to be recognized. I check the box in settings > applications > Development > USB debugging , and when I connect it I am promped with a "Found new hardware wizard" . Here, I do not know where the software either is located (somewhere in the sdk files) or what it is I need to do to get the driver hardware, as I cannot find where it is. When I check in command, It shows no devices is the devices attached. If anyone could help me out here, that would be great. I've spent a long time trying to figure this out.

*Currently running Windows XP

3. BossDj

BossDj Well-Known Member

if you download the "RyanZA's One Click Lag Fix" packaged by Kryptyx from the android market, it has an option to root, and will boot into that mode for you and pretty much run it for you. it also has the lag fix, and will undo everything if need be.

don't forget to backup right after you root, as you may find it necessary to restore something (or everything) at some point in the near future. i use ROM Manager to back myself, and have had to restore several times due to playing too much, and its always worked perfectly.

good luck

4. Mothafizzy

Oh, no I was using a link posted by another member in the above [howto] area, I will try this one in a little though. I'm not sure if it's my computer or some important key point i've managed to disect from this process, I cannot get ADB to boot right in recognizing my phone at all. It doesn't find any software for it initially and I have none to supply. Been bugging me all day.

EDIT: What is, how you worded, "boot into that mode for you" ? I know it tells you to reboot and enter into recovery mode, but only by force of the volume up/down power button button hold into it, which does not work on these newer model Vibrants. I just didn't see another option for direct recovery boot.. Thanks though.

5. BossDj

BossDj Well-Known Member

on the One Click Lag Fix, it reboots to the mode for you, i watched it happen. i had the same problems getting adb to boot and then for my machine to recognize the device, with that dl from the market, you shouldn't even need your pc

6. LegionnaireZ

LegionnaireZ Member

you need the driver to install on your computer. I've found both the link to where it can be downloaded on here, (which is a link to another website reviewing JAC's "return to stock" process and has the driver link in it... however the driver is missing from the download location...

I've also located it in Samsung's website, but i can seem to download it i click it but nothing happens.

here are the links to both... maybe someone will have better luck than me.
    Support for Samsung Vibrant? (SGH-t959) SAMSUNG

[GUIDE] How to Restore or Recover Your Samsung Vibrant AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Everything Android.