Rooting Problem

Last Updated:

1. nlantieri

nlantieri New Member This Topic's Starter

When I try to root my incredible with unrevoked it stops at waiting to root...(safe to restart if this doesnt work) I have tried it multiple times and it gets stuck here everytime? Does anyone know how to fix this

Advertisement
  2. snoggish

snoggish Member

3. nlantieri

nlantieri New Member This Topic's Starter

I installed the hboot drivers then ran unrevoked. Would it matter if I installed the 2.2.1 ota?

4. snoggish

snoggish Member

dgshaffer likes this.
  5. sbstnwright

sbstnwright Member

Same problem as original poster!
    New user here. Just updated the other day (slacker and v-cast apps). I can't stand the crap they force on us!
    I tried to root my phone after that update and I got the same message as the original post.. 'waiting to root...(safe to restart if this doesnt work)'.
    It never passes that screen. left it running for an hour, then tried overnight. still no progress. Looks like the unrevoked got stuck?

I'm a chemist not a computer guy! Please let me know if there is a way around this.

I installed HBOOT drivers and got the drivers to show in the device manager screen.

Turned on debug and set phone to charge when attached to comp.

ran unrevoked and phone booted 2 times. then gets stuck at the point mentioned above.

the unrevoked doesn't work with the new update? If someone knows what to do please let us know.

Thanks in advance.

How to move things to card? clockworkmod how to? can anyone provide links on these?

6. snoggish

snoggish Member

Unrevoked3 doesn't work with the new update. The links I posted in my last post will probably have info in them before this one would.

I know you can flash clockworkmod to your phone using an app called "RomManager", but I'm not sure if that requires root or not. It probably does. Aside from that, I don't know if there are any painfree ways to install it (that don't give/require root)

An app called "Astro File Manager" will let you copy files from you phone to your SD Card without plugging it into your computer. On that note, you can just plug your phone into your computer and "mount as disk drive".

sbstnwright likes this.
  7. sbstnwright

sbstnwright Member

Thanks! I'll keep watching for a new fix on your links and on this site.
    I feel like I'm renting the phone and not the owner since google and verizon control what I can and can't do.
    I paid for this thing in full... I should be able to remove the stuff I don't want.

8. rgreen24

rgreen24 New Member

I have the same issue... trying to root my phone for the first time and getting:

waiting to root...(safe to restart if this doesnt work)

What's the deal? Any solutions?

9. kerath

kerath New Member

Just picked up new dinc for my daughter. Same hang spot. I did allow an update but phone said it was still a 2.2 not 2.2.1

10. dgshaffer

dgshaffer Member

Same thing here. It updated last week and I'm getting stuck at the same point. :(

11. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

You still not be able to root any new phones or any that accepted the recent update until further notice.