Rooting problems

Last Updated:

1. kushdoctor

kushdoctor Active Member This Topic's Starter

I recently got a replacement Eris with 2.1 and decided it was time to root. I followed the Universal Eris Root stickie through both scripts and being prompted with the message saying that my phone is now rooted. I can boot into Amon Recovery but anytime I try to flash a rom (white widow, suave smush, evil eris) my phone always hangs on the skateboard boot screen. I really want to try the roms but my phone won't let me. any help would be greatly appreciated. If there are any ways to check that i am rooted that would be great too. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

The two or three most likely scenarios that would cause this problem are:

1) You are failing to perform a "wipe" prior to flashing the new ROM
    2) There is some problem with your SD card - try doing the initial boot without your SD card present
    3) There is an error occurring during the ROM flash operation and you are overlooking it - so that the the thing you are trying to boot actually is no ROM at all (because you properly wiped before the install).

Note that if you properly followed the instructions, you should have a Nandroid backup on your phone of your (stock HTC) ROM - do a restore to get your phone back while you sort out these other problems.

If you are seeing Amon_RA's recovery, then yes, you are "rooted" - in the sense that you now have control over the phone (through Amon_RA) and can write whatever you want to it. But that rooting process does not actually change anything in the existing ROM... it just gives you the privileges and means to do so.

eu1

3. ppbb

ppbb Well-Known Member

download the aloysius v12 rom. this rom i can flash anytime and it always loads up. nice quick and stable too.

i have similar problems where i can load certain roms and others won't load - either they go into boot loop or stay stuck at the skateboard guys screen.

i may have an issue with my sd card, so may look at upgrading that this weekend.

the roms i canno load are any cyanogen, froyo and white widow.

kushdoctor likes this.
  4. kushdoctor

kushdoctor Active Member This Topic's Starter

eu1, i did the things you said with no luck. I appreciate the info regarding the stage of root that i was at. PPBB thanks man! aloysius v12 runs very well. Finally running a rom!

5. ppbb

ppbb Well-Known Member

its a great stable rom to use everyday. I was trying some other new roms that came up over at XDA forums but ultimately went back to Aloysius V12. the speed and ease of use make it the number one for me.