Rooting problems

Last Updated:

1. pwrlifting79

pwrlifting79 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, Im new to rooting but i'm having alot of problems. i have a mytouch 3g

Ive looked at every post on many many different sites and nothing has helped.

I try an downgrade to 1.5 but when i get to the screen (using volume down and power) it says the version i have is older and doesnt run it.

I loaded a apk and installed it. when i click backup revoery image it says failed...

when i click the "hidden" button on the right, and click flash 1.4...it says falsh failed.

i tried loading a recovery image and typing it into the screen and it still says failed.

I am competely lost. I want to put on this 2.1 ROM that i found that has the camera working an everything but i cant figure it out.

Someone please email me at pwrlifting79@gmail.com with the intructions or what im doing wrong. I rerally want 2.1 on my mytouch 3g

Advertisement
  2. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

Why would you even try the apk (I assume this is the one-click root) if you aren't on 1.5?

Only have a G1 (currently looking for good prices on eBay/Craigslist for MT3G), so can't help you much.

3. pwrlifting79

pwrlifting79 Member This Topic's Starter

I tried everything, figured id try it. Idk why it wont let me downgrade to 1.5. It says the version on my phone is older than the nbh file I try.

4. cigar3tte

cigar3tte Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that's what the Goldcard is for.