Rooting Question Droid X: HTC Sense

Last Updated:

1. TmR

TmR New Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 24, 2010

This is my first post on this forum. I am on the fence about getting the HTC Droid Incredible and the Droid X. It would be a lot more palatable if I there was an HTC Sense rom I could flash onto the Droid X. Is there anything of this sort in development or around? Thanks.

2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Nov 7, 2009

Even if/when we do, porting Sense to a Motorola product has proven to be difficult, as was the case on the original Droid.

That being said, IMO, Sense is clunky, overrated, and a memory hog. It offers some nice integration, but nothing that can't be done better with 3rd party apps.

Droid X + LauncherPro/ADW + Beautiful Widgets is basically Sense without the bloat.
  3. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    There is a search button on this forum. That being said, I'll at least answer your question. It's your first post and we all wanted to jump in immediately and ask our pressing questions when we joined.....

The DroidX comes with a bootloader that only accepts ROMs with a encryption key that only Motorola has. Therefore it is not possible to load any ROMs onto the DroidX at this time.

I assure you people are working on trying to crack the encrypted bootloader issue. But until that happens, there is no chance of loading any custom ROMs onto the DroidX. Therefore you won't be able to install a Sense ROM at this time.

You can change a lot of the GUI stuff without necessarily loading a customer ROM, but certainly it would be nice to be able to load a custom ROM.

PS - Welcome to the forum!!!!