Rooting question from newbie ;-)

1. peter7769

peter7769 Well-Known Member

Good afternoon

Can someone tell me if i Root & get superuser permissions, will this allow me to transfer apps to the SD card?

Thanks in advance

Pete ;)

Advertisement
    :
  2. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

yes, Rooting your device will allow you to have more control over where apps are but your device should come native with a setting under applications where you can "move to SD" card.
    examples:
    Titanium Backup Root
    Link2SD
    so on and so forth.
  3. peter7769

Thanks for the quick reply, i dont want to doubt you on what you said but i have read quite a few times that you cant move apps to the sd card unless you root, but you say this should be set to default, Can you point me in the right direction on the phone so i can check this.

Only got it on sunday and havent even switched it on yet!

Thanks

Pete
  4. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

Depends on the OS version i believe, i may be wrong, never stuck with stock for long, would you be interested in rooting your device? possibly installing a custom rom for more fun? id be glad to help.
  5. peter7769

Thanks for the offer, i am interested in Rooting but to be honest for now i would rather stick with the stock ROM.

i have found a couple of sites that show you how to do it, seems quite simple & straight forward but still very nervous about bricking the phone :(

Pete
  6. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

That's perfectly fine =], like i said earlier try digging through your settings, around the APP/Application area. you should be able to figure something out, if not you may have to just watch what you install :(
  7. peter7769

OK, if i post a link to the guide i was looking at would you be good enough to check it out for me to see if it looks ok?
  8. peter7769

9. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

10. peter7769

Thanks i have looked on the normal forum as well, did you get chance to have a quick look at the link?
  11. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

i will soon, im currently at work but if you willing to wait, i will be more than willing to look it over for you. if you become impatient, look through my list for D-U-R-X and PM him, he will help you. =]
  12. peter7769

Thanks, I'm ok to wait for you to have a look :)
  13. peter7769

Hi
    just wondered if you got chance to have a look :confused:

Pete
  14. Randles

Randles Well-Known Member

Personally mate Id use this guide:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1917564

Just remember once you root you wont be able to update your phone. You'll need to unroot it first.

I'll be having my GN2 in the next few days and really want to root it but as you I want to keep the stock rom. All the phones Ive had in the past Ive used custom roms on but would like to keep my new GN2 stock for some time.

Let me know how you get on :thumbup:
  15. Randles

16. peter7769

Thanks, have decided to hold fire on rooting as quite like touchwiz and have got plenty of room left, do don't need to worry about getting apps to sd :)
  17. Randles

Can you move any apps at all to the sd card?
  18. peter7769

No, you cant move any apps without it being rooted :(
    Randles likes this.
  19. Randles

Thought so thanks for confirming this.
  20. radical rat

radical rat Member

hi just wanna know do you need to unlock the bootloader first b4 rooting your Note 2?
  21. Otoyama88

Otoyama88 New Member

Hi, wanna ask regarding note 2, I just bought it but the storage shows only 9.64GB available... is it really shows the same with other users ?

its phone memory..
    Thank you.
  22. peter7769

No, I'm sure mine was about 12gb when I first got it, but got a lot of apps on it now so so it's hard to tell.
  23. Randles