• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Rooting question from newbie ;-)

Thanks for the quick reply, i dont want to doubt you on what you said but i have read quite a few times that you cant move apps to the sd card unless you root, but you say this should be set to default, Can you point me in the right direction on the phone so i can check this.

Only got it on sunday and havent even switched it on yet!

Thanks

Pete

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply, i dont want to doubt you on what you said but i have read quite a few times that you cant move apps to the sd card unless you root, but you say this should be set to default, Can you point me in the right direction on the phone so i can check this.

Only got it on sunday and havent even switched it on yet!

Thanks

Pete

Depends on the OS version i believe, i may be wrong, never stuck with stock for long, would you be interested in rooting your device? possibly installing a custom rom for more fun? id be glad to help.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the offer, i am interested in Rooting but to be honest for now i would rather stick with the stock ROM.

i have found a couple of sites that show you how to do it, seems quite simple & straight forward but still very nervous about bricking the phone :(

Pete

That's perfectly fine =], like i said earlier try digging through your settings, around the APP/Application area. you should be able to figure something out, if not you may have to just watch what you install :(

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Personally mate Id use this guide:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1917564

Just remember once you root you wont be able to update your phone. You'll need to unroot it first.

I'll be having my GN2 in the next few days and really want to root it but as you I want to keep the stock rom. All the phones Ive had in the past Ive used custom roms on but would like to keep my new GN2 stock for some time.

Let me know how you get on :thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones