• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting question

Shachren

Apr 19, 2010
NJ
Hey guys,

I had a rooting question that i hope someone can answer.

I only want to root my phone to up the processor speed on it, which seems easy enough.

Now, here's where i need some answers.

1. Has Easyroot been optimized to take advantage of the new version of froyo, FRG22D?

2. With SetCPU, do i need kernals installed as well, or can i simply control everything from the application?

3. If kernals are needed, how would one go about installing them and taking advantage of them?

4. What is the optimal speed for the D1 to be overclocked to? 1.0 ghz?

Any answers would be extremely helpful!

1. no. do this
2. you can jump to 800 with no kernal and SetCPU, if you want above, you need a kernal
3. many threads on here about downloading and installing kernels. You can do it from within ROM Manager - a must have app for other reasons - or manually from on your SD card and recovery mode if you feel comfortable with that.
4. 1.0 is shown pretty stable for all.. 1.1 for many, 1.2 for some

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones