Rooting Question

1. funshynebear69

funshynebear69 New Member

Hi everyone. I am not sure is this is the place for this question, but I looked around and did not see any SPECIFIC rooting threads, so I will just ask and apologize in advance if this is the wrong place. So here goes...

I have an unrooted Evo by Sprint. I LOVE my phone, adore it. I have loved being able to customize it with apps like LauncherPro, and Minimalistic text and so on..but I feel like i could do soooo much more if I rooted it. I have been goign back and forth with this decision for a few months now because I do not have the money to shell out for a brand new phone if I did something wrong. So this is my question..

Are there any really good rooting tutorials for "dummies" that are simple to follow and have detailed instructions? I have found a few but I always end up with questions like, where do I find this ROM and is this already in the rooting program? Stuff like that. I just need a simple and good tutorial to help me thru this. I appreciate any help that you guys could give.

I also wanted to know which ROM is the most used and less likely to give me any problems.

Thank you so much for any help.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Hi and welcome aboard. Thanks for joining the Android community. First, I want to let you know that I moved your thread to its correct forum. Second, here is a link to a good read on what "rooting" is all about. [http://www.androidauthority.com/roo...-to-root-your-android-phone-or-tablet-10915/] Third, if your not having any problems with your device - I hope you won't create any by rooting it.

All the best. Reading and understanding what you're doing will be your best friend. :)