• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rooting question

Once you root, make sure you make a nandroid backup. This is explained in the tutorial. From there, it is up to you. My suggestion is to try a ROM out. There are lots out there. Do your research and see which you like best :).

I am a novice. I have been reading the tutorial and forum on rooting (the step-by-step instructions seems to make it easy), but still have a question. What do you do after it it rooted?

You say "Try a ROM out" but I am not sure what you mean. I hear you can remove Sprint bloatware, but not sure how once it is rooted. Is there an After-Rooting Tutorial or something that explains the options in simple terms? Not sure where to start my research because not sure what to look for.

Many thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
I am a novice. I have been reading the tutorial and forum on rooting (the step-by-step instructions seems to make it easy), but still have a question. What do you do after it it rooted?

You say "Try a ROM out" but I am not sure what you mean. I hear you can remove Sprint bloatware, but not sure how once it is rooted. Is there an After-Rooting Tutorial or something that explains the options in simple terms? Not sure where to start my research because not sure what to look for.

Many thanks in advance!

Directly after the tutorial (near the end after the auto root section) it talks about flashing a ROM. It also answers the remove bloatware, but that is up in the FAQ section. There isn't a "after rooting tutorial"....yet :).

Reactions: r-sky
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones