rooting question

Last Updated:

1. Lalo5001

Lalo5001 Member This Topic's Starter

trying to root and get to step 8 where you type su. It tells me "su is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." Did I do something wrong? I followed all the steps. Can anyone help me? Someone....anyone.....

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

rooting 1.5? or 2.1? Must be 2.1...in which case, I can't help you since I haven't tried to root 2.1 lol.

My best suggestion would be to start from scratch again and make sure you didn't miss anything (also, make sure USB debugging is turned on, that's always been the most common mistake)

3. Lalo5001

thanks. I made sure i had everything set before i did it. Even debugging. I also tried to start over but it wouldnt let me. hmmmmm.....i dont know. I even made a checklist to make sure i didnt skip a step. hope someone can help me. Oh and yes it is 2.1.

4. Lalo5001

ok i dont know what i did wrong but i fixed it. All rooted. So now what?

5. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Once you root, make sure you make a nandroid backup. This is explained in the tutorial. From there, it is up to you. My suggestion is to try a ROM out. There are lots out there. Do your research and see which you like best :).

6. r-sky

r-sky Member

I am a novice. I have been reading the tutorial and forum on rooting (the step-by-step instructions seems to make it easy), but still have a question. What do you do after it it rooted?

You say "Try a ROM out" but I am not sure what you mean. I hear you can remove Sprint bloatware, but not sure how once it is rooted. Is there an After-Rooting Tutorial or something that explains the options in simple terms? Not sure where to start my research because not sure what to look for.

Many thanks in advance!

7. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Directly after the tutorial (near the end after the auto root section) it talks about flashing a ROM. It also answers the remove bloatware, but that is up in the FAQ section. There isn't a "after rooting tutorial"....yet :).

r-sky likes this.