rooting questions

Last Updated:

1. mywhip

mywhip Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can someone help me root? I have read and read, but i still don't get what all i need to do, and stuff like that.

Can i get android 2.1 (legit copy) onto my phone?

Advertisement
  2. brkear1967

brkear1967 Member

Hey, do a google search for SDX Developers, and go to their site (it's the site used). They have step by step instructions... AND the downloads and websites you will need... Unfortunatley no, you can't get 2.1 on the moment yet even by rooting. You could get 2.01, but its not fully operational. But trust me when I say that once you root, you'll forget about 2.1 for awhile. Because you'll be toying with your new rooted moment... Almost forgot, you can use Zefies 14.3, Joeykrims 1.9..5 (which I use and is fast) or speedrabbit (don't know the vers #) kernals. Just read through and eduacate yourself on the SDX site. If you have problems you can post here, but if you post on the SDX site you'll get answers faster... You will see rooting sounds hard but it's not...

3. mywhip

What exactly does rooting do? Like what is so different/better about it than the stock format?

4. kingleonidas

kingleonidas Active Member

hey, ill be glad to help you just shoot me over an email at minimeofctown@gmail.com
    what rooting does is gives you the power to remove stock apps, load custom kernals, and with those kernals you get lots of things just read up on the kernals on the SDX site im currently running speedrabbits 1.7 because joeykrim does not have wifi tethering and i have not yet tried zefie but will probably soon. when you flash any one of those kernals you will see the difference because the phone will not lag as much and i got more battery hours out of mine after root or so it feels like it. any more questions?

mywhip likes this.
  5. mywhip

Got it done thanks to kingleonidas. Major props to him.