• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting Questions

Jart

Dec 29, 2009
OK, I'm currently considering rooting my phone but I have a few questions before I do so.

1. Is it possible to re-install offcial software update after I've rooted it?

2. Does rooting my phone void the warrenty?

3. What is the best 2.1 ROM? Basically, I want it with Live Wallpapers , the HTC keyboard and Voice To Text. I don't mind wheter it has Sense or not.

Ta!

1. Yes, you can reinstall an official ROM, which will unroot your phone and erase all data.

2. Officially, yes. Warranty voided.

HOWEVER if you reinstall the official ROM there is no way for them to tell that youve ever rooted it.

HOWEVER HOWEVER, if youve broken the phone sufficiently that you can't reinstall the official ROM, you may well be stuffed.

HOWEVER HOWEVER HOWEVER, if youve had the phone a while, and it's been working ok all this time, IMO its pretty unlikely to break that badly unless youve physically damaged it in some way, in which case warranty probably wouldnt be much use anyway.

3. Dont know, i'm sticking with modaco (v1.5) for now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones