• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting the Droid Pro

Whats the point of a rom? I mean, this is basically a phone for business. Not for games and other stuff.

that's a pretty sweeping generalization. I can only carry one device, and it has to do both well. Business phone during the day, personal phone at night. I have profiles set up so around 6pm, I swap to a more personal look and try to forget my work email is even on there. ROMs aren't just for fun and other stuff, whatever you mean by that. ROMs can make it smoother, faster, more customization options, etc.

Upvote 0
I am also having problems rooting my Droid Pro running 2.3.4 Kernel Version 2.6.32.9.

I have tried z4root, Pete's Motorola Root Tools, and SuperOneClick. None of these will root my phone. With this latest update that came through, is there no longer a way to Root the phone?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

When running Pete's Motorola Root Tools, this is the error that I get:

ERROR: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method

Try again from the start, but if the problem continues, check your version
of Gingerbread -- hopefully you don't have a version where this exploit
was fixed.

SuperOneClick just kept freezing when it got to one of the last steps. And Z4Root kept force closing on me when attempting to root. I'm about to pull my hair out! I need my phone rooted, so I can get rid of all of the bloatware that Verizon put on this thing. It's slowing my phone down way too much.

Upvote 0
I'm on the same boat, Droid Pro from Verizon running 2.3.4 and 4.73 update, so far i've tried:

Superoneclick, it freezes at step 7 as everyone else.
Motofail finishes the process but phone isn't rooted.
Motorola once click root
zroot4

none of these work, i've read that some people succeeded by flashing stock 4.6.8 ROM then Rooting and flashing update 4.7.3, i've tried this by factory reseting, clearing data and chache on recovery but when i try to flash the zip from the SD card it gives me an error, something like the SBF fails the check.

The only thing i'm yet to try is flashing 4.6.8 with RSD Lite, i'm not sure about the risks of bricking the phone if something fails.

If anyone can help me (us) would be great, all i want is to flash a custom ROM, stock Verizon bloatware is annoying as hell.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones