1. Wiesshund

Wiesshund Well-Known Member

Files needed:
    Kyocera USB Drivers
    32 bit Custom Action Information

64 bit Custom Action Information

Bin4ary's multi phone root app.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=31545627
    (I recommend release 15 http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1398011&d=1350123242 )

Instructions:
    1) go to Settings, "System", "Developer Options" and make sure "USB Debugging" is checked
    Connect phone to computer, and select "Media Transfer" on the phone

2) After extracting the archive of Bin4ary's rooting app to a folder on your PC, open that folder and Run the "RunMe" file and select "3> Other" in the on-screen prompts.

3) The phone will ask you to enter an encryption password... don't, just hit "restore my data" on the bottom of the screen on your phone.

4) Follow any further on-screen prompts, your phone will reboot, and you're Rooted

!!WARNING!! there is currently no working recovery, beware of the changes you make to your phone, modify at your own risk

(I did not write any of the above info, just gathered it from other posts and sites, perhaps this info could be added to the all things root area's rooting guide?)

Advertisement
    :
    DaisFlaque, Loki1949, D-U-R-X and 3 others like this.
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hey Wiesshund - thanks for sharing this! :)

I am not familiar with this phone... I take it that you have rooted using this method?

We could move this to the root section for the phone and link it to the sticky if you would like :)
  3. Wiesshund

Wiesshund Well-Known Member

Yea that is fine. Just please don't credit me for figuring everything out.
    I just put everything together in a single post.
    Jakk likes this.
  4. animejoe69

animejoe69 Well-Known Member

ok you all helped me root my hydro, but was wandering if there is a way to "unroot" it. would be usefull if someone had to return their phone to boost for service.
  5. cheetoskill

cheetoskill Active Member

i did everything and its not rooted. what could i have done wrong?
  6. cheetoskill

cheetoskill Active Member

nvm oddly i was trying again and when i submitted that comment it worked!
  7. Tattooedgod

Tattooedgod Well-Known Member

anyone that i can get the file from would be great download locked for some reason free downloads out

did asearch and found it thanks anyway
  8. Tattooedgod

please help
    camo0xx likes this.
  9. Tattooedgod

I've tried now 40 times to root this is getting frustrating to say the least
  10. animejoe69

i had that same problem, try uninstalling the hydro usb drivers and reinstalling them.
    i had to reinstall win7 and everything because of a virus but after i did i rooted my hydro on the first try
    Tattooedgod likes this.
  11. Tattooedgod

I'll try that I have tried it on win 8 and on win 7 might try xp
  12. Tattooedgod

Busybox installer says I'm rooted but no root access
  13. animejoe69

sorry that didn't work, i'm new to this as this is my first android phone but thats as far as my knowledge of this stuff goes. i've been looking around with the file manager and i don't know that much about linux based systems, i work on windows systems every day but this is way different to me.
    if you get it to work post it as it could be usefull to others who might be haveing problems too
  14. Tattooedgod

Not a problem did a fresh install of windows and still nothing this sucks but i'm going to fiddle a little and see what I can come up with
  15. animejoe69

you did extract the root program to a folder right?
    i used the "v2" file from the original post and the hydro usb drivers from the kyocera site
    if u think it might help i can email u me copy of them to try
  16. Tattooedgod

I would love v2 I've been trying v14 or 15 and I should get the drivers from the site
  17. animejoe69

no problem, my email is animejoe69@gmail.com send me i txt with your email and i'll send the files as atachments
    do u need 32bit or 64bit usb driver?
    AlmytyHeretic likes this.
  18. Tattooedgod

19. animejoe69

any luck with that yet?
    Tattooedgod likes this.
  20. Tattooedgod

Great luck thank you already have link2sd going back all apps up so I'm running most of my apps off sd card v2 worked easy
  21. Tattooedgod

Going to be making a root guide and anything I find along the way
  22. animejoe69

glad to hear that. sorry it took so long to get back to you but am glad i could help.
    thats what i like about this forum. i've been on others for this or that and never seen or gotten the help these folks give here
    infowarz likes this.
  23. iJive

iJive Member

Let me know when you do it! Not sure if I need 32 or 64 bit drivers?
  24. Robertech

Robertech Well-Known Member

if you're on a windows pc, click start, right-click on 'my computer', and click properties. if you see anywhere that says x64, it's a 64 bit system. x86 is 32 bit and more common.
    iJive likes this.
  25. Tattooedgod

iJive likes this.