• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting the Hydro

When I click the link for v 15 it takes me to XDA site and I see this msg.

Invalid Attachment specified. This can happen for a variety of reasons-- most likely because the thread or post you are trying to view has been moved or deleted. Please return to the forum home and browse for another similiar post.

The first link takes me to XDA with instructions and another link that brings me to some site where I must register before getting the file.

Upvote 0
you did extract the root program to a folder right?
i used the "v2" file from the original post and the hydro usb drivers from the kyocera site
if u think it might help i can email u me copy of them to try

I tried Bin4ry's v14, v15, and v16 rooting kit with no luck. All three of them reported false root success. v2 is the only other version I tried but it's the only one that yielded success. Many thanks to animejoe69 for that tip and for the files.

Click HERE for v2 and the Kyocera drivers for x86 and x64.

Upvote 0
v2 is not working any longer.
I tried 6 times to root. I get the superuser access...but the apps won't work.

Edit: nevermind I got it...I had to take superuser off prompt and do auto access.

If you had to set it to "auto", then you did not use the correct script. The reason the v2 script works is because of the version of the su binary and superuser apk that it comes with. The actual script version isn't important. I would double check what version you used, then download the version of the rooting script from this link:
[GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise! - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

That one has the correct binary and apk for the Rise and Hydro.

Upvote 0
I followed all the instructions, but when I ran the Run_Me file there was no third option so I just picked the first one (Normal). I clicked "restore my data" on my phone and the CMD prompt showed activity, then it said "If all is successful I will tell you, if not this shell will run forever."

And guess what? It's still running.....

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
I followed all the instructions, but when I ran the Run_Me file there was no third option so I just picked the first one (Normal). I clicked "restore my data" on my phone and the CMD prompt showed activity, then it said "If all is successful I will tell you, if not this shell will run forever."

And guess what? It's still running.....

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE Use Bin4ary's script v2 which worked for me and the third option will be there.

Upvote 0
maikal, thank you for that link. I downloaded and unzipped the file, then I plugged my phone into the computer and clicked the "RunMe" file. the CMD window popped up and I chose option "3". It doesn't say it's still running, but it's just sitting there. This is what I see on the CMD screen....

Please connect device with ADB-debugging enabled now (I have debugging turned on) ....
* daemon started successfully *
5577 KB/s (1085140 bytes in 0.190s)
2183 KB/s (22364 bytes in 0.010s)
5148 KB/s (843503 bytes in 0.160s)

The cursor is just sitting at the bottom of this, blinking.

Upvote 0
maikal, thank you for that link. I downloaded and unzipped the file, then I plugged my phone into the computer and clicked the "RunMe" file. the CMD window popped up and I chose option "3". It doesn't say it's still running, but it's just sitting there. This is what I see on the CMD screen....

Please connect device with ADB-debugging enabled now (I have debugging turned on) ....
* daemon started successfully *
5577 KB/s (1085140 bytes in 0.190s)
2183 KB/s (22364 bytes in 0.010s)
5148 KB/s (843503 bytes in 0.160s)

The cursor is just sitting at the bottom of this, blinking.
After you seen all of this a screen should of pop up on your phone hit Restore My Data on the bottom right of the screen on your phone it should restart your phone and you will have root. If you did not get this screen on your phone maybe you can try a restore but I didnt have to have busybox on my phone.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I did some Googling and found that I could open it if I renamed the file with a "zip" extension. So I did that and then unzipped the file, but now I have no idea what to do with the unzipped contents. I don't see any executable files.

You wouldn't. Google baksmali and learn how to use it. Then learn Java. Then learn the particular dialect that is Dalvik.

Easy peasy. ;p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones