Rooting the Leak - A live broadcastGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Hiroshika

Hiroshika Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Tereg from here and XDA-developers is doing a live stream right now at leakroot - Tinychat

Feel free to join, ask questions, what have you!

He has sucessfully done it several times on his own phone, and is now attempting it on a fellow members phone.

Also, to view his desktop during the process, go to http://logmein.com/express

And use the code 115 825 418.

Recording is now finished, ill post the link to the video tutorial when its published.

Advertisement
    walkinonthesun likes this.
  2. tereg

tereg Active Member

There were at least a couple who recorded the video end of the session, but the quality of the video was poor in one case. If it turns out that the quality of the video isn't good enough on all fronts, then I will set up another recording session with the user who sent me the phone and we'll record each step in the tutorial in good quality tomorrow evening.

If either I or ECLIPS3 haven't contacted you and you did record the tinychat session and got a decent recording of it, please let me know.

I'm determined to get this video walkthrough up.

That being said, with the success of rooting this other phone, we're hoping to make the rooting solution simpler and not as low of a success rate as it is right now. The success of this root opens the door for more testing to get to the bottom of why the success is happening.

3. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member

People are reporting that once they turned on airplane mode, they were able to get it. I'm going to try it later this weekend when I get back home

4. v941726

v941726 Well-Known Member

i wonder why this would work. cuz the phone hasnt even booted yet, so nothing should be turned on anyway.

5. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member

Maybe it slows down processes or something, idk... but people are reporting it so its worth trying

6. timmywa

timmywa Well-Known Member

I noticed that even though I had my phone in debugging mode before I attempted it, when I give up and go back in, the mode is checked but its not on. I have to unplug and replug the usb for it to say its in debugging mode. I wonder if that part of my problem.

7. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member

Has there been a list made of the versions of the leak that roots easier? Are these rooted phones refurbs? Just curious. This could help. I tried to root for a few hours last night with no success. I am on a refurb with preinstalled 2.1. I couldn't get the timing down and tried many combinations and counts.

8. SyDTRaKKeD

SyDTRaKKeD Well-Known Member

i think they already said that many different versions have been rooted....

leaks, RUU, newer phones, older phones.... just some people get lucky....

9. mortymouse

mortymouse Well-Known Member

Video link?

10. tereg

tereg Active Member

I still haven't heard from anyone that was there who recorded it. If there isn't a good quality video of the broadcast yesterday, then I have a session scheduled with ECLIPS3 to do a higher quality, piece by piece recording of the tutorial tonight.

In either case, I'm sure that he will disseminate the video as soon as he's able to.

11. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Thanks again buddy.