This procedure worked for me: How to get your phone back on the upgrade path... Now to find a WiFi Thethering app that works.... Edit: On my Motorola Admiral Things I did to setup *before* following the link abaove. On my PC: Install Android SDK Install phone drivers. (The phone auto-ran a Moto Sync tool when I first plugged it in to my PC, which seemed to install these for me.) On my phone: Enable USB Debugging Enable Non-market apps Set USB connection to "None" when I plug it in to computer. On my PC, I then ran "adb devices" in a CMD prompt to verify the debugger could see my phone. attached to this post is a screen shot of this CMD showing my device after running that command. I then used the Windows-only 1-click-exploit in the link I posted above, from a CMD prompt. I'm not totally sure, but I think I may have had to run it twice. I think the first time it didn't find my phone, or had to restart the adb service or something. Disclaimer. I am not telling anybody what to do. I do not know what differences there me be that will make this not work for anybody else. I am not responsible if anything bad happens. I'm simply sharing my experience with the community. I am not an expert at this stuff. I just know enough to adapt and follow others' posts and report results. Questions should be directed to the source.