Rooting the phone & 2.1

Last Updated:

1. Kamran1981

Kamran1981 Member This Topic's Starter

hey everyone just new here and have had a milestone for about a month
    was considering rooting my phone but what i would like to know is that if i root my phone can i still get the 2.1 update when its out???

Advertisement
  2. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

Yes you can but you'll loose root after you upgrade. I've never updated OTA but when I installed the 2.1 update I lost root.

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

I installed the 2.1 update but it caused problems with some apps. I was unable to find and install Bedside and a few other apps I consider very useful.

4. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

@Szadzik
    Did you use market enabler on 2.0.1 or did you have default market access for paid apps also?
    If it's the later it might be that the market doesn't recognize your Milestone as being a Milestone because the system reports as Milestone with 2.1 which doesn't yet officially exist. I don't have that problem since I'm not using paid apps.

5. Szadzik

I am in the UK so I did not need Market Enabler; I had access to all paid apps.

Try finding Sleep Log Automatic (by Bartczak) and see if you can find it.

6. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

Since paid apps are not available here in Slovenia and I'm not using market enabler (not sure it exists for Milestone 2.1 yet) I can't find that app.

7. Szadzik

It is a FREE app.

That is what I meant by apps missing from the Market when using the 2.1 ROM.

8. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

Then it's probably not supported for Milestone+2.1 yet. If you can get the APK any other way and install it with a file explorer it might work. There are tons of APK's on the internet.

As I've said, the 2.1 is not official on the Milestone yet so it's for testing purposes only.