rooting the s2 without a PC?..

1. Moolah85

Moolah85 Member

Hi, I just bought a Galaxy S2 I727 and I've been dying to root the phone. Unfortunately, my only problem is I have completely have no access to a computer. I can't buy one, nor can I pat to get it rooted..... SO, my question is, is there any possible way to root the phone without using a computer? I've tried doing research and followed directiond from a YouTube video flashing a
    update.zip from recovery but that didn't work. Help?

Edit: FYI, its a used phone.. and it seems like its been previously rooted, since I see a cwm folder and backup on the USB storage

Advertisement
    :
  2. maxmaxter

maxmaxter Well-Known Member

Here's a link to the same question you asked: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1570353

In short, it seems you cannot root without a computer. Mobile ODIN (which you might have found) only works in rooted devices.
  3. dragula2012

dragula2012 Well-Known Member

First of all , my phone is not a skyrocket, however I rooted it using exynos abuse apk which I downloaded from the xdeveloper site using wifi.I didnt use Odin. My cell is a SGH I777 not a S2 I727.My advice is that you find out if this apk works with the skyrocket. It wont work with the last version of ICS (I777UCLL6)
  4. wing2012

wing2012 Member

i727 is not using Samsung Exynos CPU. Therefore, the exynos abuse apk will most likely not work.
  5. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

I know one of my friend who used the Exynos Abuse to root his phone. Not sure whether that would work for you.
  6. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

Or you can also try other one-click root apps.
  7. dragula2012

dragula2012 Well-Known Member

you are right. it uses a snapdragon processor. so, nevermind.
  8. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

Btw I only know a few apps that can root your device through just clicking one button.
  9. LoafPincher

LoafPincher Well-Known Member

What version of Android is your phone running?
  10. leo9891

leo9891 Well-Known Member

There are a few Apps you can download which will Root your phone for you by just installing a simple APK. I used one of them to Root 4.1.2 when it was released via Kies.

Google the apk, Framaroot. Its a quick and easy process, it roots ALMOST any phone within a few seconds. Its on XDA so its a trustworthy application.

The only thing you need to do once you run the app is reboot your phone and you should then see a SuperUser app installed on your phone after the reboot, if not, just download one from the Play Store. From there, you can then install Mobile Odin and then install a COMPATIBLE Recovery Kernel.

You should be good from there. Hope this helps!