1. imwithalwood

imwithalwood Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. imwithalwood

imwithalwood Member This Topic's Starter

Should I use sens-able or lightning?

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

I've been using Ivanmmj's Eris Official 1.0 w/OC since early May. Its been very good to me. Fast. Stable. Its as close to stock 2.1 as you can get. I have not tried any other ROMs, 'cause I haven't been tempted or had a reason to :)

4. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Go with Ic3Romv2.7!!!
    I've used every rom out there. that one is great
    Sense-able is awesome if you're more of the sense type. I was at first when r00ted but now I'm all for Vanilla!!
    Ic3 FTW
    Tainted Vanilla takes second
    sense-able3.1
    white Widow
    Evil Eris 3.0
    Aloysius
    cyanogen
    Eris Lighting
    Pure Eris
    ZenEXP
    XtrRom

that's my order FWIW lol

5. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I've tried a few others, but I also like Ivan's the best - it feels just like stock Eris 2.1 without the bugs, with lots of speed. And everything is showing up in the market for me, including ADW and Launcher Pro.

Right now I am running Senseless (since last night), just to get a feel for stock Android. I like this one as well, but there are quite a few missing apps in the market.

Google really needs to fix this market issue, and I think that they need to start publicizing that there is a problem. The only reason I knew that there was an issue was from forums like this one, and from blog posts by frustrated developers, and that's just unacceptable. Google should have a central place for reporting on issues for which they have responsibility.

7. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I would definately start with Ivans, since it is a very stable rom and also pretty much stock.

Other roms have been modified a lot and have different themes. Not saying you wont like them, but start with something you alreday know, then start experimenting.

8. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

From my mouth to Google's ears, apparently - the market is fixed. But they definitely were not forthcoming enough about this to end users.

9. jeffyo

jeffyo Well-Known Member

Sense-able is stable and fast. Lightning I found not as good or stable as Sense-able. I'm trying out CE 2.0 tonight. Vanilla is just getting to be more and more appealing. You may find this true too over time.